Friday, October 8, 2010

Getting Twitchy With It

Na na-na na na-na na.

(If that didn't sound musical to you, go here.)

True story.

I do local housecleaning. Today, the man of the house was in, and I helped him put up some wood molding along the ceiling.

This required the use of a nail gun.



Which he did not ask me to handle.



Fortunately.

Anyway, the family is planning a Halloween party and the house is Decked. Out. In fact, there's a witch decoration dangling from the ceiling about five feet from where we were working. It's motion- and sound-sensitive. Do you see where this is going? The witch didn't take kindly to the noise of the nail gun, which sounded just enough like a gun-shot that the ensuing animatronic screaming and maniacal laughter made for a good show.

Do you know how many nails it takes to secure wood molding? Neither do I. But that's how many times this lollapalooza of horrific fun happened. If the neighbors could have heard it, I would have had my fill of mischief 'til at least Halloween.

Sadly Mr. Boss was not amused. (He probably was when it first happened. I just must have missed it, and by then the novelty had worn off. I'm sure of it.)

But I was über amused, and über unable to record the actual event. So I conjured up some sound clips and re-created the magic for you. (Blogger-willing that it works.)



When I created the sound file, my computer wanted me to fill out a few fields of information on it. So I did.

Artist: Twitch the Witch
Track Title: It's Less Violent Than It Sounds
Album Title: Gettin' Twitchy Wit' It

I reiterate. Na na-na na na-na na.

I hope you sang it with me that time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...