Monday, November 8, 2010

The Course Registration Song

On a lighter note: a song parody!

I realize recent posts in particular would suggest that AmenAbility has become something of a Serious Blog (or at least a Bloglet that may one day grow up to be Serious). But I'd hate to abandon the whimsical nature that got me through the initial transition to grad school and, let's face it, is getting me through these last few weeks of term.

So please allow me a moment to surrender to the whim and break out into parody. The vaguely serious stuff will be back soon enough.

ALSO, perhaps the best and most educational realization from writing this parody: The Chipmunk Song is a waltz. Who knew?

(Of course, I've just discovered the new rocked-out version, which is decidedly not a waltz.)

Lyrics below are best read after this video (or this one from Look Who's Talking Now, despite that it runs too short):



Spoken:

All right you Drewids! Ready to sing your song?
-I'll say we are!
-Yeah! Let's sing it now!
Okay, Simon Peter?
-Okay!
Okay, Theodor Geisel?
-Okay!
Okay, John Calvin? Calvin? CALVIN!
-OKAY!


Registration time is near:
Time for stress yet time for cheer.
Can't believe Fall's almost done.
Five terms still after this one.
What to plan for Jan and spring?
Wish I could take everything!
Course list is now up to read...
Watch us cause a stampede!

Okay, fellas, get ready. That was very good, Simon Peter.
-Naturally.
Very good, Theodor Geisel.
-[laughter/nonsensical words]
Ah, Calvin, you were a little flat, watch it. Ah, Calvin. Calvin. CALVIN!
-OKAY!


Want Bib Lit: it speaks to me.
I don't! That's all Greek to me.
Course list is now up to read-
Which courses do I need?
What to plan for Jan and spring?
Think I'll take everything!

Very good, boys.
-Let's sing it again!
-Yeah, let's sing it again!
No, that's enough, let's not overdo it.
-What do you mean overdo it?
-We want to sing it again!
Now wait a minute, boys...
-Why can't we sing it again?
Calvin, cut that out... Theodor, just a minute. Simon, will you cut that out? Boys...!




Note: Simon Peter, Theodor Geisel, and John Calvin are not real Drew Theological students' names but are actually pseudonyms and in this context reflect little to nothing about the historical figures with which they might be associated.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...